Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

What Types of Property Insurance Are Available?

What Types of Property Insurance Are Available?

What Types of Property Insurance Are Available?

Although property insurance in London & anywhere else in the UK is not mandatory it is a requirement of interested parties such as banks or anyone who lends you money secured on your property.  Also, if you rent out your commercial or residential property your tenant will assume that you have adequate insurance cover in place for the buildings.

There are lots of different types of property insurance available, everything from common home insurance policies to bespoke portfolio packages for landlords with a variety of commercial buildings.


At Property Insurance Centre we specialise in commercial insurance policies but do cater for home insurance policies through our offices in Northern Ireland and London.  With access to the major insurance underwriters we are able to cover standard risks as well and non-standard properties such as thatched roofs, etc.

We cover the following types of Properties:

  • Home
  • Offices and Shops
  • Restaurants
  • Factories
  • All types of Commercial Properties

What Perils are covered by typical Property Insurance Policies?

The standard perils of Fire, Lightening, Earthquake and Aircraft are covered by all of our property insurance policies and you can get additional perils such as theft, accidental damage, malicious damage, storm, public liability, subsidence, terrorism and legal expenses can be added to our insurance policies.

Where to search for Property Insurance Online?

We are not on insurance comparison websites and therefore pass on the savings to all of our clients.  We believe in asking you the right questions to make sure that you get the best level of cover at the most competitive rates available in the UK.

All you need to do is ring our new business team on 0800 085 3761 and let them do all the searching for you.  We search all of the major underwriters such as AXA, Ageas, Allianz, RSA, Aviva and Lloyds to name but a few.  Since 1976 we have built up the relationships with these companies and therefore we are one of the few to offer packages for certain types of property.

How Quickly Can I Get Property Insurance Cover?

Depending on the type of property insurance that you require we normally can provide a quote immediately but if there are unusual circumstances or trades that operate from your property then it will probably be referred to the underwriters who normally come back to us within 24 hours.  If we are able to find you the best cover and price cover can be started immediately.

How Much Does Property Insurance Cost?

The cost of Property Insurance does depend on a range of factors such as the location, rebuild value, type of business or use of the building as well as previous claims history, whether you are in a flood area or in an area with a subsidence history.  Typical Property Insurance policies with us can start from £150.

If you are looking for Property Insurance then give us a call today on 0800 085 3761 and speak with our Cert CII Qualified Staff.