What does Block of Flats Insurance Cover Provide?
At Property Insurance Centre, we can tailor a Block of Flats / Apartment Insurance policy to your precise requirements so that you are covered for what you need and are not paying for cover that you don’t. We know that everyone’s Insurance needs are different and a ‘one cover fits all’ policy can leave you open to risks. There are two types of flats / apartments, first is Converted Flats / Apartments which is a house which has been converted into flats / apartments. The other is Purpose Built Flats / Apartments which have been built as flats / apartments.
If you own a leasehold flat / apartments, the building should be insured by the landlord who owns the freehold. Typically, it isn’t your responsibility to take out buildings cover (although you may still be paying the premiums, via your service charge).
This means that our Insurance policies all differ, however a standard Block of Flats / Apartments Insurance policy would typically consider:
- Employers Liability up to £10,000,000 – This is a requirement by UK law if you employ anyone, whether full time or volunteers
- Terrorism Cover available on request
- Property Owners Liability – To cover you against any liability claims against you due to your negligence as a landlord. This cover is standard at £2,000,000 but can be increased if required
- Alternative Accommodation – If your building becomes uninhabitable because of an insured peril occurring such as fire, this will cover the costs of finding alternative accommodation for your tenant or you if you reside in the property
- Landlord Flat / Apartment Contents Insurance – If you let your flat furnished this will cover your contents against insured perils.
- Communal Contents Insurance – This covers items in communal areas of the Block of Flats / Apartments such as carpets, sofas, blinds, pictures etc
- Buildings Insurance – To provide cover for the physical building should any insured perils occur which could include a flood, burst pipes, fire etc.
Optional Cover can also be arranged for:
- Cover to include Subsidence
- Cover to include Legal Expenses
- Cover to include Lift Insurance
- Directors and Officers Insurance if you have a Resident’s Association for example.
Whether you own Victorian Conversion Flats / Apartments or a purpose built Block of Flats / Apartments, Property Insurance Centre will find the right cover for you.
Call our team now on 0800 085 3761 now to discuss your requirements and get your Block of Flats Insurance on Cover in minutes.