Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

UK Restaurant Insurance

//UK Restaurant Insurance

UK Restaurant Insurance

Restaurant Insurance from The Property Insurance Centre

Restaurant Insurance in the UK

Insurance for Restaurants can be for the buildings only, where you can have cover for all standard perils (such as fire, theft, flood, storm or malicious damage) and your legal liability to the public. The standard property owners liability limit is £2 million and can be increased to £5 million if required. Increasing liability to £5 million is now becoming increasingly common as policyholders are becoming more aware of the dangers and cost associated with liability claims.

The liability section of a buildings only policy will cover you for your legal liability to the public & third party property damage – think of a customer tripping in the carpark of the restaurant or falling in the toilet over an uneven floor. This is an increasing problem for restaurant owner with general claims for the public increasing every year. This is why having a buildings insurance policy is of the upmost importance if you are the owner of the building and letting the premises to a tenant, such as an Indian Restaurant office or Takeaway.

If you are trading from the premises, it also essential to have your building insured along with the contents. A buildings and contents Restaurant policy can cover fixtures & fittings, frozen foods, Property Owners Liability & Employers Liability if you have employees. Employers Liability is essential for Restaurants and will provide cover for your employees up to £10 million.  Many Restaurant package policies can have optional extras such as legal expenses added if required. Property Insurance Centre has the expertise in the Restaurant Insurance Sector due to the hundreds of restaurants and take aways we currently insure.

If you are looking for a Restaurant or Takeaway Insurance quote or immediate cover give Claire, Robert or Gavin a call on 0800 085 3761.

Are you looking for Commercial Property Insurance?

Call to discuss your requirements, get quotes or go on cover


Request a callback