Who Needs Tradesman Liability Insurance?
If you are working on-site, in someone’s house or home or any other premises, then you need Tradesmans Insurance. This cover will protect you or your business against potential claims for which you are deemed responsible. It will protect you against anyone having an accident when working for you or on your site including employees and members of the public. It will also cover you against any faults found in your work. Cover can even be arranged to insure tools, stock and your vehicles.
What does Tradesman Insurance Cover?
Insurance for Tradesmen can be typically be arranged to cover:
- Employers Liability – This will protect you should any of your employees have an accident or worse as a direct result of working for you. This could be falling from a height if the ladder provided for the job was wrong or having something fall on them if a ceiling joist is not properly secured. EL Insurance is a legal requirement by UK of you have any employees, even volunteers.
- Public Liability – PL Insurance provides cover if a member of the public, or even a Building Standards Inspector visiting your site were to have an accident. Public Liability Insurance can be a requirement by some companies before taking out a contract with them.
- Tool Insurance – Tools are the backbone of your business and should not be underestimated. Tools are often collected over a period of time and can amount to a large sum of money. If your tools were to be lost, stolen or damaged, would you be able to buy everything in one go and start back at work immediately?
- Hired In or Own Plant – Any plant you own should be insured, especially if hired in. Any plant that you rent, you are liable for even for and can be forced to pay for any repairs and rent for the plant whilst the repairs are taking place.
- Business Interruption – If for some reason you are not able to continue with work, like flooding on your site or your tools being stolen, Business Interruption Insurance can help to cover the costs of fixed overheads like wages or Plant Hire while your income has stopped.
However at Property Insurance Centre we can tailor a policy to suit your needs. We understand that every Tradesman is different, so whether you’re a part time handyman, a qualified Electrician, or have a whole team of Builders working for you, we can provide cover that’s right for you so you can work safe in the knowledge that you’re covered for every eventuality.
Call our team now on 0800 085 3761 for more information about Insurance for Tradesmen.
Why Compare Tradesman Insurance with Property Insurance Centre?
At Property Insurance Centre, customer service is our highest priority with professional and friendly staff available to talk to online or over the phone.
As a specialist insurance broker, we strive to give our clients the best service with:
Call us on 0800 085 3761 or contact us here to get a range of Tradesman Insurance Quotes.