Who Needs Landlords Insurance?
If you own any property that you rent out for residential purposes then you need Buy to Let Insurance. Despite the fact that there is no legal obligation to have Landlords Insurance, if you have a mortgage on your property, your lender may require you to have insurance before you take on tenants. As well as needing insurance to meet your mortgage requirements, insurance is necessary to protect you against any liabilities you have towards your tenants, and also to protect the building itself. Without insurance, if a tenant were to have an accident due to your negligence, for example a fall on badly fitted carpet, they could file a lawsuit against you. The cost of legal fees and compensation alone could completely negate the profit you have made from rental income.
Call us on 0800 085 3761 or contact us here to get a range of Residential Landlord Insurance Quotes.
What Cover does Residential Landlords Insurance Provide?
At Property Insurance Centre we can tailor a policy to suit your needs. We understand that everyone’s insurance requirements are different, so whether you have multiple properties needing one comprehensive policy, or one specialised building, we can create the best policy for you. Typically, cover can be arranged to include:
- Property Owners Liability available – to protect you against any claim that your tenants could make against you
- Contents cover – to protect any damages that can occur to your contents in your property. This does not cover the contents belonging to your tenants.
- Malicious Damage Cover – in the event of intentional damage done to your property by tenants
- Cover for unoccupied properties – if your property is empty for 30 days or more, specialist unoccupied property cover is needed.
- Loss of income – should your property become uninhabitable due to fire or flooding, this will cover the cost of lost rent. Particularly important if you have fixed overheads like a mortgage.
Optional Cover can also be arranged for:
- Accidental Damage – proving cover for your building
- Optional Extension to include Subsidence – in addition to protection from fire and flooding
- Legal Expenses – should a claim go to court, this will cover the costs of hiring a lawyer or court fees.
Call our team on 0800 085 3761 to discuss your Landlords Insurance.
Why Choose PIC as your Landlord Insurance provider?
At Property Insurance Centre, our priority is our customers, so whether you want to apply for quotes online, or speak to one of our experienced, specialist team, we aim to give you the best range of Landlords Insurance Quotes.
As a specialist insurance broker, we strive to give our clients the best service with:
- Access to a wide panel of insurers to source the right insurance cover for your business.
- Nearly 40 years experience working with the best insurers in the UK.
- A wide choice of policies and levels of cover – so that you are never over or under insured, neither are you spending money on covers you don’t need.
- The ability, as professional insurance brokers, to get this type of ‘hard to place risks’ on cover with reputable insurers.
Our team are available to talk to online or over the phone and will answer any questions you may have so you have the peace of mind that you and your property is adequate covered.
Call us on 0800 085 3761 or contact us here to get a range of Landlords Insurance Quotes.