What Cover does Residential Landlords Insurance Provide?
At Property Insurance Centre we can tailor a policy to suit your needs. We understand that everyone’s insurance requirements are different, so whether you have multiple properties needing one portfolio policy, or one specialised building, we can create the best policy for you. Typically, cover can be arranged to include:
- Property Owners Liability – To protect you against any claim that your tenants could make against you – usually cover starts at £2,000,000
- Landlord Contents Cover – To protect any damages that can occur to your contents in your property you rent out (this does not cover the contents belonging to your tenants)
- Malicious Damage Cover – In the event of intentional damage done to your property by tenants (this cover usually has a limit and an increased excess)
- Cover for Unoccupied Properties – If your property is empty for 30 days or more, specialist unoccupied property cover is needed
- Loss of Rent / Alternative Accommodation – Should your property become uninhabitable due to an insured peril such as fire or flooding, this will cover the cost of lost rent or alternative accommodation. This is particularly important if you have fixed overheads like a mortgage
Optional Cover can also be arranged for:
- Subsidence – The excess on these types of claims start at £1,000
- Accidental Damage – This cover can be added to your buildings and landlord contents
- Legal Expenses – should a claim go to court, this will cover the costs of hiring a lawyer or court fees
- Terrorism – This protects the buildings and landlord contents against a terrorist attack
Call our dedicated new business team on 0800 085 3761 to discuss your Landlords Insurance needs.