What Cover does Residential Landlords Insurance Provide?
At Property Insurance Centre we can tailor a policy to suit your needs. We understand that everyone’s insurance requirements are different, so whether you have multiple properties and need a single portfolio policy, or one stand alone insurance policy, we can create the right policy for you. Typically cover can be arranged to include:
- Property Owners Liability – To protect you against any claim that your tenants could make against you – usually cover starts at £2,000,000 but can be increased to £5,000,000
- Landlord Contents – To protect any damages that can occur to your contents in your property you rent out (this does not cover the contents belonging to your tenants)
- Malicious Damage – In the event of intentional damage done to your property by tenants (this cover usually has a limit and an increased excess)
- Cover for Unoccupied Properties – If your property is empty for 30 days or more, specialist unoccupied property cover is needed
- Loss of Rent / Alternative Accommodation – Should your property become uninhabitable due to an insured peril such as fire or flooding, this will cover the cost of lost rent or alternative accommodation. This is particularly important if you have fixed overheads like a mortgage
- Escape of Water – One of the most common problem a Landlord will have is burst pipes
- Escape of Oil – Although most properties have switched to Gas, there are plenty that have oil. Escape of Oil can affect you & your neighbours very quickly
- Accidental Damage – included as standard to Fixed Glass. You can also add Full Accidental Damage to give that extra layer of protection
- Impact – Can be from 3rd party vehicles or animals
Optional Cover can also be arranged for:
- Legal Expenses – should a claim go to court, this will cover the costs of hiring a lawyer or court fees
- Terrorism – This protects the buildings and landlord contents against a terrorist attack
Is your Property Unoccupied and you intend to let?
- We can give 90 days unoccupancy cover and include wider perils insurance cover so long as there are no works planned. Ask about our 5 star Defacto Rated Unoccupied Property Scheme. This policy is market leading in price & cover – you will not find a better policy in terms of price or cover!
Call our dedicated new business team on 0800 085 3761 to discuss your Landlords Insurance needs. Our Staff are Cert CII Qualified and will find the right policy for you at the right premium.