Commercial Property Insurance

10% Online Discount


Or call us FREE for a quote

0800 085 3761

Why choose us?

At Property Insurance Centre we understand the needs of Commercial Property Owners and understand that every building and circumstance is different. We can work with our insurers and tailor a policy to suit your exact needs.

Whether you want to apply for quotes online or speak to one of our experienced team, we aim to give you the best Commercial Buildings Insurance cover at the right price.

As a specialist insurance broker, we strive to give our clients the best service with:

  • Independent broker with approachable staff online or by phone

  • Access to a wide range of insurers to source suitable insurance cover for your needs

  • Bespoke Insurance Schemes & Portfolio Policies available

  • We can tailor your policy to suit your exact needs to give you complete peace of mind

  • Competitive Premiums

  • Cover available for the buildings while the property is being converted, renovated or extended

  • Over 40 years experience working with the best insurers in the UK

  • Excellent communication so that you understand what risks you are insured against

What cover does Commercial Property Insurance provide?

Commercial Property Owners Insurance provides cover for the risks associated with owning premises which are used for business purposes. This could be a shop, salon, restaurant, pub, office, warehouse or even a factory. Buildings used for leisure, education or charity events may come under the umbrella of Commercial Property too. Cover comes as standard for Property Owners Liability at £2,000,000. If there is a single residential flat or several above the commercial premises this can also be included within the quote. Those who require Commercial Buildings Insurance could be:

Property Owners that have bought the property themselves from where they will run their own business

If you own the premises from which your business is run then you may wish to take out Commercial Contents Insurance which will protect the contents in your building such as computers, desks, stock or tools as opposed to the physical building itself. You may wish to take out a Commercial Combined Policy which can provide cover for stock, business fixtures and fittings, money kept on site, business interruption, goods in transit, liabilities and the building. This type of cover is often the most cost effective option rather than having a separate Commercial Buildings Insurance, Commercial Contents Insurance and a Liability Policy.

Landlords that own the building and let it out to Commercial Tenants for Rental Income

If you are the landlord of a Commercial Building you must make it clear between yourself and your tenant who is responsible for insuring what as typically your tenants contents will not be covered under your policy. Some landlords arrange Commercial Premises Insurance for their building and charge the tenant the premium, however they will still be responsible for insuring their own contents and equipment.

Optional Cover can also be arranged to include:

  • Employers Liability Insurance – This will protect you against a claim if a member of the public or an employee were to have an accident at your premises. Employers Liability Insurance is a requirement by UK law if you have any employees working for you, even if they are part time volunteers. Liability claims can be extremely costly as well as time consuming with a lot of legal protocol to follow. If an employee were to have an accident as a direct result of working for you, you could have to pay legal fees and compensation as well as maybe having to take time off work to attend court dates or get legal advice. Many SME’s struggle to reopen after an incident like this if they don’t have adequate insurance. This can be due to the financial losses incurred or even the damage done to your businesses reputation.

Cover for Unoccupied Commercial Properties – If your property is empty for 30 days or more, specialist unoccupied property cover is needed. Unoccupied Property Insurance often provides the most basic of cover against perils such fire lightning, earthquake and explosion.

We have over 40 years experience working with:

Who Needs Commercial Buildings Insurance?

Commercial Property Insurance is for landlords who rent out their property for commercial use such as offices, shops, pubs, restaurants, warehouses, surgeries through to a lock up garage. As a Commercial Property Owner you are subject to a variety of risks for the building and contents as well as from the liabilities you have towards your tenants.

Rental properties by nature are at a higher risk of being damaged or repair work not being reported and taken care of. What may be ignored as a small patch of damp could in fact be a burst pipe slowly rotting away your ceiling and without it being reported, you could be completely unaware of an issue until serious damage has been done. Commercial Buildings Insurance can help recover the costs of repairing or rebuilding your property should an accident happen.

Call us on 0800 085 3761 or contact us here to get a range of Commercial Landlord Insurance Quotes.

Are you looking for Commercial Property Insurance?

Call to discuss your requirements, get quotes or go on cover


Request a callback

Related Insurance Policies