Chat with us, powered by LiveChat

Escape of Water Insurance

/, Landlord Insurance, Uncategorized/Escape of Water Insurance

Escape of Water Insurance


Escape of Water Insurance

Escape of water is one of the most common types of claim there is on a buildings insurance policy, including Home Insurance, Block of flats Insurance and Landlords Insurance. It is therefore important that you have this cover under your current buildings policy.

It can be a horrible experience & all of your floors, walls & ceilings take the brunt of it! The most common cause is burst pipes from cold weather & of course leaks from the bath or bathroom causing damage to the room below. Do not Panic! If you are reading this, hopefully you will have taken the most important step – turn the water off!

If you are reading this and have no need to make a claim, why not act before disaster strikes with escape of water:

  • CHECK where your Stopcock is
  • CHECK the insulation of the pipes and tank in the roof
  • CHECK if you boiler is due a service

This will minimise your chances of having to make an escape water claim!

Property Insurance Centre have partnered with Aspray to provide a First Class Claims service, should your property become victim to water escape and the resultant damage. If you need Escape of Water help, we will ensure a Claim Handler will visit your property with 24 hours (or a time of your choosing) and take over the whole claims process for you, and ensuring you get a fair settlement!

You should read your Insurance Policy & Schedule to help you:

  • Know what you are insured for
  • Know what you should do
  • Know the Claims process

Escape of water can come from:

  • Washing machines, dishwashers, fridges
  • Pipework
  • Boiler
  • Water tank
  • Bathroom

First thing to remember if you ever have an escape of water claim, is act as though you are not insured. This means you should takes measures to mitigate your Loss. First things first, you should:

  1. Turn off the Water supply at the mains to prevent any further damage. If you are unsure call an emergency plumber to help you do this.
  2. Make sure you turn off electricity supply if possible – again if you are unsure get an electrician to help you. Water and electric do not mix!
  3. Take photos – this is your proof of the damage that may be later difficult to see when the Insurance Company appoints their Loss Adjuster to visit the property, possibly a week after the event!

Property Insurance Centre have a very large panel of insurers to choose from where you can have Escape of Water Insurance as part of a packaged policy for your buildings. Commercial Property Owners, Residential Property Owners, Blocks of flats & Homeowners to name a few. We can provide this cover and also provide a first class claims service should you ever be unfortunate enough to make a claim. Call us on 0800 085 3761 or fill in an online form for a quotation.

Property Insurance Centre Claims Services with Award Winning Aspray. Download our Claims Handling Service Guide here.