Get expert information about Uncategorized Insurance from the insurance team at Property Insurance Centre. Get your questions answered.

30 10, 2019

Save money on your caravan insurance


Save Money on Caravan Insurance Request A Quote: Own a touring caravan can be very liberating experience. Being able to take yourself off to anywhere at the drop off a hat appeals to many. As a result, owning and insuring your caravan has become more and more popular, but how do you know where to get the best deal, and how can you save money on your caravan insurance? After all, one of the reasons many people own a caravan, is to save money on accommodation costs by investing an initial outlay in the actual caravan! Huge annual premiums paid to insurance companies will negate those envisaged savings! Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists in many types of insurance Here are some tip [...]

Save money on your caravan insurance2020-05-13T16:54:43+00:00
29 10, 2019

Do I need Unoccupied Property Insurance?


Do I need Unoccupied Property Insurance? Who needs unoccupied property insurance and why would I need it? Do you travel for business and are away for long periods of time?  Have you a building which you haven’t managed to let and it is sitting vacant?  Has your tenant just moved out of your flat or house?  Has your relative become in need of nursing or residential care and isn’t likely to be home for some time? There are many reasons a property can become unoccupied – but if you answered ‘yes’ to any of the questions above, you need to take a look at your current insurance policy and see if you need to replace it or add unoccupied property insurance to it. What is unoccupied property insurance? Insurance companies think that occupied properties are less risky.  Someone is there most days checking that nothing bad is happening, like [...]

Do I need Unoccupied Property Insurance?2020-07-07T15:23:30+00:00
29 10, 2019

Caravan Insurance


Caravan Insurance Caravan Insurance Owning a caravan can be a very rewarding experience. It provide a weekend or summer long escape, allowing you to forget all of daily stresses you can find in your home. Or does it? The one thing you should do to keep that feeling of harmony going, is get the right caravan insurance . Without the correct cover, your picturesque setting can quickly become a money pit nightmare! What do you need to know about Caravan Insurance? Well, whether you own a touring caravan or a static caravan, there are certain risks attached of course. You need to make sure you caravan is covered for various eventualities and comply with some various important conditions of the policy. A specialist caravan insurance policy will provide cover that not is provided by a standard car insurance policy – something many caravan owner forget is that whilst you [...]

Caravan Insurance2020-05-15T08:40:36+00:00
29 10, 2019

Buy to let insurance


Buy to Let Insurance If you have already bought a property to let or you are thinking about it, make sure you take out the right buy to let insurance policy. When you are letting a property, you can’t just take out normal home insurance cover as you have additional responsibilities which you need to cover.  You are not present in your property all the time, so there are also different kinds of risk that you and your property are exposed to. So what kind of risks do you need cover for? Everyone knows there are a wide range of things that can go wrong when you own and let out a property. From mechanical breakdowns with cookers or boilers to damage caused by a fire, flood or the tenant themselves, no one can predict what may go wrong. A buy to let policy can include cover for a wide [...]

Buy to let insurance2020-05-14T15:13:18+00:00
29 10, 2019

Should I take out tenant’s liability insurance?


Should I take out tenant’s liability insurance? Have you just signed your tenancy agreement and are getting ready to move into your new property?  Maybe you have lived in a rented property for a while but you have never taken out any insurance cover?  Whether you are moving into a new flat or a house or you have been there for yours, if you haven’t already done so, you should really think about taking out tenants liability insurance.  Here’s a bit of information to help you with the decision. What is tenant’s liability insurance? When you rent a property your tenancy agreement normally comes with a list of things which are in the property such as fixtures and fittings and household items.  At the end of your tenancy agreement, and sometimes at intervals in between, your landlord or their agent will check that these things are still in the [...]

Should I take out tenant’s liability insurance?2020-05-15T08:43:35+00:00
25 10, 2019

Landlords Cover and Fire Cover


Landlords Cover Customers will often call us and ask for Fire Cover or Landlords Cover when taking out a policy. This terminology often originates from lenders and banks, who insist that where there is a mortgage in place, there is also fire cover in place. When taking out Fire Cover or Landlord Cover as it is more commonly known as. Do you know what you are actually being insured for? We let’s look at the main covers under a standard Landlord Insurance policy for a Residential Buy to Let Policy. Fire Cover Fire is self – explanatory. Normally from an electrical fault for example or from an explosion. Top Tip – check your policy covers Fire AND also does not exclude arson. Not all policies cover arson. Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists in many types of [...]

Landlords Cover and Fire Cover2020-05-14T15:34:30+00:00
24 10, 2019

Landlords Contents Insurance


Landlords Contents Insurance Landlords Contents Insurance Let’s say you are Property Investor and the immediate thought is let’s get the building covered as that is where the biggest risk is. Right? Well, not ALL of the time. Yes, or course get the building insured as a matter or priority to get immediate protection on your hard earned investment, but don’t forget about the contents which becomes even more important when the property becomes occupied by a tenant. Let’s look at why in a moment, but first, what is landlords contents insurance?Question: What is the most common Landlord Insurance Claim. Answer: Escape of water claim to landlords contents including carpets! What is landlord contents insurance? These are the contents owned by you, the landlord. Imagine you but a property to rent out and decide to get a tenant after some general sprucing up of the property. Then you get the [...]

Landlords Contents Insurance2020-05-14T15:42:00+00:00
23 10, 2019

Protect the Family with Insurance


Get the correct Cover There are loads of insurance companies out there and loads of insurance broker to choose from. Today it is easy to go online and search them out. Competing insurers will often give fantastic offers at discounted prices. The temptation, of course, is to go for the 'cheapest' one - especially when you are trying to make savings at times of relative hardship! For example, let's say you own a 4 storey Victorian Town House. You go online and fill in their online form, and there is a fantastic premium quoted. It halves your current insurer's renewal price and provides all the best cover available. BUT, there is one problem - you filled the form in incorrectly by mistake. You have confirmed there are only 3 floors at the property. You think, "No big thing, right?"  Wrong! How do you know the insurer covers properties with [...]

Protect the Family with Insurance2020-05-15T08:45:56+00:00
18 10, 2019

Landlord cover with public liability


Landlord Cover with Public Liability What is Landlord Cover? Landlord cover is insurance for landlord which includes insurance for Flood, Storm, Fire, Loss of Rent, Theft, malicious damage, accidental damage, to name a few. Most importantly it includes Landlord Liability Cover. Top tip when buying Landlords Insurance Make sure the Property Owners Liability or Landlord Liability is sufficient - Property Insurance Centre can offer policies that provider the landlord with cover up to £2,000,000, £5,000,000 or even £10,000,000 for much larger property, such as a large flats insurance. You need to assess the risk at your premises, by thinking of who visits your property and how often people visit the property - all of which increases the risk of higher landlord liability required. Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists in many types of insurance [...]

Landlord cover with public liability2020-05-14T16:14:30+00:00
24 09, 2019

Block of Flats Insurance and Best Landlord Insurance


Block of Flats Insurance Quotes How do you get the best landlord insurance if you are renting your single flat out, or if you own a block of flats freehold, and the property is occupied by leaseholders and private working tenants on a 6 months tenancy agreement. Well, there are many providers out there, but you need to know what you SHOULD be insured for. It can often be said, your tenant or occupant is the driving force behind the type of insurance and cover you need. So think carefully. Below are some examples of different combinations - be it purpose built, converted house or a mixture of tenant types, such as leasehold and private 6 months AST. Top Tip - If you own a block of flats building and rent out half with the other half owner occupied, make sure your policy covers both alternative accommodation AND Loss [...]

Block of Flats Insurance and Best Landlord Insurance2020-05-14T16:21:50+00:00
24 09, 2019

Restaurant Insurance Quotes


Restaurant Insurance Quotes If you own a restaurant you know how important it is to make sure you have the right insurance and that you take the time when your annual renewal documentation comes in to make sure that you think about whether anything has changed since your previous renewal and that you then ensure your cover continues.  If you are opening a restaurant for the first time, trust us when we say that restaurant insurance is not an area you should cut corners on.  Some people also refer to restaurant insurance coverage as business insurance for a restaurant – but the name is not as important as ensuring you get the right cover for all your restaurant insurance needs. If you are not quite sure what you actually need, it is best to take some professional advice rather than relying on a google search such as ‘business insurance for [...]

Restaurant Insurance Quotes2020-05-15T08:58:12+00:00
2 09, 2019

Block of Flats Insurance Policy


Block of Flats Insurance Policy or Freehold Policy At Property Insurance Centre we find that many people who are responsible for organising insurance for a block of flats find the application process so complicated they tend to stick with the same provider for years.  We have heard this again and again from landlords, management agents and residents associations.  This means that they often haven’t had a competitive quote in a long time and unfortunately sometimes that their cover isn’t what they need and won’t be sufficient if the worst happens and they have to make a claim.  At Property Insurance Centre we focus on making your renewal as easy as possible by taking all the details about your property, talking you through the types of cover you may need, agreeing what must be covered and what will be optional and then we do all the legwork for you.  We [...]

Block of Flats Insurance Policy2020-05-14T16:36:29+00:00
9 07, 2019

Public liability Insurance for Community Groups


Public Liability Insurance For Community Groups Our Public Liability Insurance for Community Groups insurance provides protection for support or community groups who are not for profit and benefiting the local community. Even if you operate from a village hall you will still need public liability insurance to protect your club.  You may also be required to obtain this cover to use the premises. Examples of clubs we insure are: Book club Womens group Church group Over 50's group Stamp collecting club Knitting club The well being of club members is always a concern and its the organisers responsibility to ensure the adequate insurance cover is in place. Call us today on 0800 085 3761 to get a quote and arrange cover. Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists in many types of insurance [...]

Public liability Insurance for Community Groups2020-05-15T09:00:55+00:00
9 07, 2019

Single Event Public Liability Insurance


Single Event Public Liability Insurance From small private events to larger public events such as fetes and exhibitions. We Can Cover: Public liability up to £10 million Events up to 10,000 visitors, more on referral Public liability section will cover food and drink supplied for consumption by the events organisers Employers liability can be added up to £10 million Equipment cover can be added up to £20,000 Cancellation, abandoment and postponment cover up to £10,000 can be added Examples of Events we can cover: Anniversary Party Bag packing for clients BBQ Barn dance Book fair Car show (static) Christmas light switch on Country fair If you are looking for Single Event Public Liability Insurance call Claire, Kenzie or Robert today on 0800 085 3761. Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists in many types of insurance [...]

Single Event Public Liability Insurance2020-05-15T14:09:23+00:00
29 06, 2019

Commercial Insurance NI


Commercial Insurance NICommercial Insurance Northern IrelandWhether you have a small family owned business, rent lots of properties across Northern Ireland or run a global multi-national organisation you need commercial insurance that suits your needs and your organisation.  Our team of specialist brokers at Property Insurance Centre in Northern Ireland are dedicated to finding you the right insurance for your needs at the best premium. We specialise in Commercial Insurance Northern Ireland.Some examples of some local business types we support:Ice Cream Shop InsurancePublic House InsuranceFinancial Advisers Office InsuranceLocksmith InsuranceRestaurant Insurance including Takeaways Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists in many types of insurance Why Choose us for your Insurance NI?We are a locally based company in Newtownards, Co DownOur Staff are QUALIFIED Cert CII.We are MORE [...]

Commercial Insurance NI2020-05-15T14:15:55+00:00
29 06, 2019

Coffee shop insurance


Coffee shop insurance Not all coffee is the same – and as the owner or manager of a coffee shop, you know that not all coffee shops are the same either.  Whether you are a sole trader or one of a chain of multi-nationals, you still need insurance that meets your needs.  Property Insurance Centre specialises in providing support to a range of coffee shops, restaurants and takeaway providers so we know our business is to help support your business.  Customer service is key to us, so we aim to make purchasing your coffee shop insurance or any other insurance as convenient as possible – but we also that you can’t afford to have the wrong insurance when you need it so we need to take the time to get things right.  Each one of our customers has a dedicated contact and you won’t have to go through a [...]

Coffee shop insurance2020-05-15T16:54:07+00:00
29 06, 2019

Insurance for Gardeners


Insurance for Gardeners You spend your day making everyone’s garden look beautiful but do ever take the time out to check your insurance policy and make sure you have covered everything you need?  Why buy Gardeners Insurance? Without the correct cover in place for a gardener, it will be difficult to even get contracts. One of the first things a prospective employer will ask for is proof of your insurance. If you have a team, they will also want to see some proof that you Employers Liability insurance in place.  Carrying Public Liability under a gardeners insurance policy is a must. You can have varying level of cover, and normally you can increase the limit up to £5,000,000 for an additional premium. You will be covered for possible injury to a member of the public from your work and third party property damage - a must if you or [...]

Insurance for Gardeners2020-05-15T16:58:47+00:00
29 06, 2019

Insuring an unoccupied house


Insuring an unoccupied house Unoccupied House Insurance is different! Some people think that no insurance is required for an unoccupied house that they may rent out or they take out home insurance cover and don’t consider whether there home is actually regarded as occupied or not. Well it should be considered that unoccupied properties are regarded as 'high risk' by insurers. That is why they tend to charge higher premiums to keep them covered. It is also why they may add in extra conditions to keep the property covered. By adding extra conditions, what the insurance companies are trying to do, is reduce that extra risk. It is therefore essential that you have the right cover in place. Top Tip - If you have a policy in place already, tell your insurers or insurance broker that the property is now empty and your existing policy should be able to [...]

Insuring an unoccupied house2020-05-15T14:46:08+00:00
29 06, 2019

Insurance for tradesmen


Insurance for tradesmen Whether you are an independent construction contractor or a self-employed gardener, Property Insurance Centre’s range of insurance for tradesmen is designed to suit your needs. Our specialist team will take your details and find you the best policy using our network with the top insurance providers from across the UK. If you are new to this type of insurance, here is a quick guide to insurance for tradesmen and what it is designed to cover. What is insurance for tradesmen? It is insurance which is designed for skilled people who provide a service to others (often at their client’s premises) such as electricians, IT technicians, accountants, solicitors, surveyors, cleaners, carpenters, landscape gardeners, plumbers, kitchen and bathroom fitters, carpet/flooring fitters and painters/decorators.  If you do more than one type of work, most policies can be tailored to suit this as well. Get a Quote [...]

Insurance for tradesmen2020-05-15T14:55:52+00:00
29 06, 2019

Block building insurance


Block building insurance Insurance arrangements in a block of flats or apartments can be confusing. Our team at Property Insurance Centre have put together a quick guide to the different types of insurance that are relevant to help explain things: Owner/Landlord You have responsibility for insuring the building and your policy must be suitable for rented properties if you are renting your flats out. If something happens like a fire or a flood you need to ensure you have the right insurance to pay for repairs or in the worst case for the building to be rebuilt. If you own more than one building you can take out one combined policy for all your properties. If you have any fittings or contents within the communal areas of the building you may want to take out contents insurance to cover this. Remember that you also need public liability insurance and [...]

Block building insurance2020-05-15T15:02:58+00:00
29 06, 2019

Residential Landlords Insurance


Residential Landlords Insurance All landlords know that they have responsibility for insuring their building and anything they own within the building. Tenants should have contents insurance for their own possessions which are in the building – but they are not responsible for insuring the building itself. While these roles are clear to many people, there is often confusion about what insurance cover residential landlords need. Here is a quick guide to the policies which are provided by Property Insurance Centre who are experts in Residential Landlords Insurance based in London and Northern Ireland. What is covered with our landlord insurance? As a basic residential landlord’s insurance must cover any potential damage to the building itself such as a flood (depending on the location and flood history of the area) or a fire. This is similar to normal household insurance but a normal household insurance policy would be invalid if [...]

Residential Landlords Insurance2020-05-15T15:10:14+00:00
29 06, 2019

Property Developer Insurance


Property Developer Insurance Whether you are a well-established property developer or someone starting a renovation project for the first time – do you know what property developer insurance is and why you should have it? In case you don’t here is a quick overview to help you. What is property developer insurance? Whether you are developing one property or lots of properties, experienced property developers know that even the best planned development can have things which go wrong or cause delays. Issues can arise which were not expected, such as an accident or injury on site to you, your employee or your contractor or the building may become damaged by a contractor and leave you months behind with a huge additional bill for repairs. Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists in many types of insurance [...]

Property Developer Insurance2020-05-15T17:01:52+00:00
29 06, 2019

Home Insurance Broker


Home Insurance Broker It’s that time of year again and your home insurance renewal quote comes through the door. Many people take out their home insurance when they get their mortgage and then they stick with the same company for years without realising how much extra this may cost them. Some people think that they have to stay with their mortgage provider – but you can buy insurance from any provider so long as you have buildings insurance in place while you still have your mortgage. Other people spend time every year searching online and phoning companies to see if they can save money – but often they don’t think about the cover they are getting and whether it is what they actually need. Have you ever thought that using a home insurance broker could save you time and money? Most importantly brokers are experts in making sure you [...]

Home Insurance Broker2020-05-15T15:33:20+00:00
29 06, 2019

Where to Buy Restaurant Insurance from


Where to Buy Restaurant Insurance from Do you own a restaurant, a café, a fast-food restaurant or a takeaway? If so you will know that insurance is critical – but do you know exactly what types of insurance you should make sure you have and do you know what each is for? Just in case you are new to this or aren’t sure, read on for some hints and tips to make sure you are covered when you need it. Restaurant insurance in just a generic title for insurance to cover places which are like restaurants such as cafes, sandwich bars, takeaways and fast food restaurants as these businesses all need similar types of cover.  That said, every business is different – so it’s essential that you take the time to think about what you need.  Let’s think about a few questions which show how every business is unique [...]

Where to Buy Restaurant Insurance from2020-08-05T10:52:24+00:00
Load More Posts