Home Insurance

31 07, 2020

Should I take out Legal Expenses Insurance?


Legal Expenses Insurance Being a landlord you should be automatically covered under a landlord policy for the standard risks such as Fire, Subsidence, theft, flood and so on. However, being a landlord you may well feel that you are exposed to other risks that you may not necessarily been exposed to before. This is why you should consider taking out legal expenses insurance. You may be able to take out a legal expenses policy as an extra on your current landlord’s policy or if that’s not available, you can take out a standalone legal expenses insurance policy. So, what does it cover you for? Being a landlord you are now exposed to events you had never been exposed to before. This may include the following: Breach of Tenancy Agreement This may provide cover for any breach by a tenant of any obligations they might have under the tenancy agreement [...]

Should I take out Legal Expenses Insurance?2020-07-31T15:00:00+00:00
20 07, 2020

What is next for the high street?


What is next for the High Street? The High Street has been in decline for over a number of years, and 2020 has thrown another spanner in the works. If it was not bad enough, the coronavirus pandemic has dealt another huge blow to all high street traders. With many staff still on furlough, many small businesses have been forced to close and who is to say that they will ever feel there is the right environment to return. Even when the furlough scheme eventually finishes, what guarantees do employers have that their staff will want to return? This places high street traders under huge uncertainty and may be the final nail in the coffin for some traders. This as we all know now and has been said many times before, will have a huge knock on affect to our economy. Many business have shut already as financial help [...]

What is next for the high street?2020-07-20T14:29:42+00:00
14 07, 2020

Nursery Insurance


Nursery Insurance Is it better to insure Nursery Buildings separately? If you are looking for Nursery Insurance to cover the nursery building itself, you should make sure you are covered for the following first: Property Owners Liability Loss of Rental Income Standard perils such as Fire, Lightning, Earthquake, Aircraft, storm theft etc A standard buildings policy should cover all of the above. You will even have the option to include or add some extra coverage to the buildings. This may include the likes of Legal Expenses up to £100,000 per claim or extended Full Accidental Damage to the buildings. Some policies will include these ‘extras’ as standard, so it is important to check with your broker when taking out a policy. The question as to whether or not it is better to separate the business from the building, may in fact be out of your hands if they are [...]

Nursery Insurance2020-07-14T15:03:22+00:00
10 07, 2020

Woodland Insurance


Woodland Insurance What is Woodland? A woodland is a habitat where trees are the dominant plant form on the land. The individual tree canopies generally are seen to overlap one another and interlink. They often form a more or less continuous canopy which shades the ground to varying degrees. There will be a great variety of other plants, depending on the amount of light reaching the ground through the tree canopy. Other such growth may include mosses, ferns and lichens, or possibly flowering herbs, grasses and shrubs. Animal diversity in the woodland is dependent on the different kinds of plants there are. As of 31 March 2020 is estimated to be 3.21 million hectares of Woodland in the UK. This represents 13% of the total land area in the UK, 10% in England, 15% in Wales, 19% in Scotland and 9% in Northern Ireland. Woodland can be divided into 3 [...]

Woodland Insurance2020-07-10T14:08:42+00:00
26 06, 2020

New Regulations for landlords to consider


New Regulations Five Yearly Electrical Checks From 1st June 2020, private landlords in England will be required to have the electrical installation in their rental properties checked by a qualified electrician to ensure that they are safe. This means that: Electrical Installations must be inspected and tested prior to the start of a new tenancy from 1st July 2020 Checks must be carried out on any existing tenancies by the 1st April 2021 These checks must then be carried out on a five-yearly basis. A copy of the most recent electrical safety condition report (EICR) must be provided to both new and retained tenants. The landlord is responsible for making sure that the person who completes the check is suitably competent. Using an electrician or firm that is a member of an accredited registration scheme operated by a recognized body will give you the confidence that this has been achieved. Mandatory [...]

New Regulations for landlords to consider2020-07-07T14:58:41+00:00
3 06, 2020

Can a missing EIC stop me selling my home?


Can a missing EIC stop me selling my home? If you have had any ‘notifiable’ electrical works carried out at your home since 2005, the law requires you to have an Electrical Installation Certificate (EIC). If you don’t have an EIC when it comes to selling your home, it can throw a spanner in the works during the conveyancing process. This article looks at the implications of a missing EIC and what a seller’s options are when it comes to moving home. What are ‘notifiable’ works? Electrical work carried out at residential properties in England and Wales is covered by Part P of the Building Regulations. The regulations state that: Reasonable provision shall be made in the design and installation of electrical installations in order to protect persons operating, maintaining or altering the installations from fire or injury’. Building regulations are policed by Local Authority Building Control (LABC). LABC [...]

Can a missing EIC stop me selling my home?2020-06-03T14:57:55+00:00
13 02, 2020

17 property insurance loopholes you need to know about today


This expert guide walks you through the potential property insurance loopholes that insurers will exploit, to reduce their claims' exposure. As a property owner, you might be surprised by some of these potential pitfalls. By Robert Fisher Reading time: 6 minutes Version: USA Your insurance policy has been purchased and so you can rest easy, or can you? If you have purchased the correct policy with the right amount of cover, and added all the required information accurately, plus invested some time to check the finer points then should the worst happen, you will be fine. This is the principle of indemnity. If on the other hand, you get any of this wrong, your mistake could end up costing you hundreds of thousands to reinstate a building following a large loss. It is all in the finer details. This guide dives right into the loopholes and pitfalls you can encounter [...]

17 property insurance loopholes you need to know about today2020-07-07T15:19:18+00:00
28 06, 2019

Property Insurance


Property Insurance With lots of the companies offering Property Insurance we wanted to let you know about why you should choose Property Insurance Centre for your buildings insurance needs: Independent broker with friendly, knowledgeable staff available online or by phone. Access to a wide range of insurers in the UK with the best cover and rates available. Bespoke insurance schemes & portfolio policies are available. Complete peace of mind through our tailored policies. Experts in Occupied & Unoccupied Commercial & Residential Insurance policies. Over 40 years of experience working with the best insurance underwriters in the UK. Excellent communication so that you understand what risks you are insured against. Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists in many types of insurance Everyone who owns [...]

Property Insurance2020-05-13T15:22:33+00:00
5 11, 2019

House Insurance Northern Ireland


Home Insurance NI A recent House Price Index showed the standard price of a property in Northern Ireland is £136,767 and this ranges from terrace properties at £95,202 to detached properties at £204,060.  Many buyers borrow a mortgage of between 75 and 95% of the value of the home and providers normally require the property to be insured while the mortgage remains in place.  Even if you do not have a mortgage, most people’s homes are their biggest asset so there’s a clear need to make sure all home owners make sure they get best Home Insurance NI policy with multiple layers of protection. Failing to adequately insure your home can have massive repercussions if the worst happens and you home is damaged.  But what do you actually need to insure? Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists [...]

House Insurance Northern Ireland2020-05-13T15:51:20+00:00
29 10, 2019

Buy to let insurance


Buy to Let Insurance If you have already bought a property to let or you are thinking about it, make sure you take out the right buy to let insurance policy. When you are letting a property, you can’t just take out normal home insurance cover as you have additional responsibilities which you need to cover.  You are not present in your property all the time, so there are also different kinds of risk that you and your property are exposed to. So what kind of risks do you need cover for? Everyone knows there are a wide range of things that can go wrong when you own and let out a property. From mechanical breakdowns with cookers or boilers to damage caused by a fire, flood or the tenant themselves, no one can predict what may go wrong. A buy to let policy can include cover for a wide [...]

Buy to let insurance2020-05-14T15:13:18+00:00
29 10, 2019

Should I take out tenant’s liability insurance?


Should I take out tenant’s liability insurance? Have you just signed your tenancy agreement and are getting ready to move into your new property?  Maybe you have lived in a rented property for a while but you have never taken out any insurance cover?  Whether you are moving into a new flat or a house or you have been there for yours, if you haven’t already done so, you should really think about taking out tenants liability insurance.  Here’s a bit of information to help you with the decision. What is tenant’s liability insurance? When you rent a property your tenancy agreement normally comes with a list of things which are in the property such as fixtures and fittings and household items.  At the end of your tenancy agreement, and sometimes at intervals in between, your landlord or their agent will check that these things are still in the [...]

Should I take out tenant’s liability insurance?2020-05-15T08:43:35+00:00
25 10, 2019

Landlords Cover and Fire Cover


Landlords Cover Customers will often call us and ask for Fire Cover or Landlords Cover when taking out a policy. This terminology often originates from lenders and banks, who insist that where there is a mortgage in place, there is also fire cover in place. When taking out Fire Cover or Landlord Cover as it is more commonly known as. Do you know what you are actually being insured for? We let’s look at the main covers under a standard Landlord Insurance policy for a Residential Buy to Let Policy. Fire Cover Fire is self – explanatory. Normally from an electrical fault for example or from an explosion. Top Tip – check your policy covers Fire AND also does not exclude arson. Not all policies cover arson. Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists in many types of [...]

Landlords Cover and Fire Cover2020-05-14T15:34:30+00:00
24 10, 2019

Landlords Contents Insurance


Landlords Contents Insurance Landlords Contents Insurance Let’s say you are Property Investor and the immediate thought is let’s get the building covered as that is where the biggest risk is. Right? Well, not ALL of the time. Yes, or course get the building insured as a matter or priority to get immediate protection on your hard earned investment, but don’t forget about the contents which becomes even more important when the property becomes occupied by a tenant. Let’s look at why in a moment, but first, what is landlords contents insurance?Question: What is the most common Landlord Insurance Claim. Answer: Escape of water claim to landlords contents including carpets! What is landlord contents insurance? These are the contents owned by you, the landlord. Imagine you but a property to rent out and decide to get a tenant after some general sprucing up of the property. Then you get the [...]

Landlords Contents Insurance2020-05-14T15:42:00+00:00
23 10, 2019

Protect the Family with Insurance


Get the correct Cover There are loads of insurance companies out there and loads of insurance broker to choose from. Today it is easy to go online and search them out. Competing insurers will often give fantastic offers at discounted prices. The temptation, of course, is to go for the 'cheapest' one - especially when you are trying to make savings at times of relative hardship! For example, let's say you own a 4 storey Victorian Town House. You go online and fill in their online form, and there is a fantastic premium quoted. It halves your current insurer's renewal price and provides all the best cover available. BUT, there is one problem - you filled the form in incorrectly by mistake. You have confirmed there are only 3 floors at the property. You think, "No big thing, right?"  Wrong! How do you know the insurer covers properties with [...]

Protect the Family with Insurance2020-05-15T08:45:56+00:00
18 10, 2019

Landlord cover with public liability


Landlord Cover with Public Liability What is Landlord Cover? Landlord cover is insurance for landlord which includes insurance for Flood, Storm, Fire, Loss of Rent, Theft, malicious damage, accidental damage, to name a few. Most importantly it includes Landlord Liability Cover. Top tip when buying Landlords Insurance Make sure the Property Owners Liability or Landlord Liability is sufficient - Property Insurance Centre can offer policies that provider the landlord with cover up to £2,000,000, £5,000,000 or even £10,000,000 for much larger property, such as a large flats insurance. You need to assess the risk at your premises, by thinking of who visits your property and how often people visit the property - all of which increases the risk of higher landlord liability required. Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists in many types of insurance [...]

Landlord cover with public liability2020-05-14T16:14:30+00:00
29 06, 2019

Residential Landlords Insurance


Residential Landlords Insurance All landlords know that they have responsibility for insuring their building and anything they own within the building. Tenants should have contents insurance for their own possessions which are in the building – but they are not responsible for insuring the building itself. While these roles are clear to many people, there is often confusion about what insurance cover residential landlords need. Here is a quick guide to the policies which are provided by Property Insurance Centre who are experts in Residential Landlords Insurance based in London and Northern Ireland. What is covered with our landlord insurance? As a basic residential landlord’s insurance must cover any potential damage to the building itself such as a flood (depending on the location and flood history of the area) or a fire. This is similar to normal household insurance but a normal household insurance policy would be invalid if [...]

Residential Landlords Insurance2020-05-15T15:10:14+00:00
29 06, 2019

Home Insurance Broker


Home Insurance Broker It’s that time of year again and your home insurance renewal quote comes through the door. Many people take out their home insurance when they get their mortgage and then they stick with the same company for years without realising how much extra this may cost them. Some people think that they have to stay with their mortgage provider – but you can buy insurance from any provider so long as you have buildings insurance in place while you still have your mortgage. Other people spend time every year searching online and phoning companies to see if they can save money – but often they don’t think about the cover they are getting and whether it is what they actually need. Have you ever thought that using a home insurance broker could save you time and money? Most importantly brokers are experts in making sure you [...]

Home Insurance Broker2020-05-15T15:33:20+00:00
29 06, 2019

Property Owners Liability Cover


Property Owners Liability Cover What does Property Owners Liability cover? It allows you to meet any costs or compensation payments that might need to be paid out after being sued by a member of the public following an injury.  It is specific liability insurance for property owners such as landlords. Who Does Property Owners Liability cover? It covers any property owners as you have a legal responsibility to ensure your property is well maintained and does not present unnecessary risks of injury or damage to tenants, visitors or members of the public outside the building.  It is for landlords and property owners. Where do I get Property Owners Liability cover? As one of the few specialist Commercial & Landlord insurance brokers in the UK we are able to offer excellent rates on our Property Owners Liability cover.  If you would like a quote or immediate cover call us today [...]

Property Owners Liability Cover2020-05-16T09:34:07+00:00
29 06, 2019

Property Insurance Specialists


Property Insurance Specialists What type of Property Insurance do I need? Property Insurance is an insurance required for everyone who owns a building whether it is your home or business and will offer cover for the cost of rebuilding if damaged by an insured peril such as Fire or Storm.  In addition property insurance policies will offer public liability insurance to protect you from compensation claims should anyone be injured on your premises. Can I claim my property insurance against my tax? You can claim property insurance against your income tax as it is an expense for your business.  Always make sure that you get a receipt when it comes to making a claim against your income tax. Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists in many types of insurance [...]

Property Insurance Specialists2020-05-16T11:07:32+00:00
28 06, 2019

Home Insurance Specialists in Northern Ireland


Home Insurance Specialists in Northern Ireland Property Insurance Centre have been trading as an independent broker in Northern Ireland since 1976 and due to the long established relationships and access to the major insurance underwriters in the UK we are able to give the best rates and cover in Northern Ireland. We don’t offer false discounts online with our policies and are not on search comparison websites. The reason for this is in order to pass on the best rates and cover available on our Home Insurance for our Northern Ireland customers. We also offer genuine discounts on our home insurance policies for those with a no claims discount, have a working house alarm and other factors such as being in a neighbourhood watch scheme. Get a Quote Insurance under one roof We are specialists in many types of insurance [...]

Home Insurance Specialists in Northern Ireland2020-05-16T11:48:47+00:00
28 06, 2019

Tips for Getting Your Home Winter Ready


Tips for Getting Your Home Winter Ready Your house is probably your most valuable asset in your life therefore you want to do all you can to protect it. Now the lovely summer weather has finished and the chilly winter weather has arrived we need to make sure we have our house protected against this. Also, remember the better kept your property is, the less chance you will claim statistically - and the less you claim the cheaper your insurance! So it make sense to follow these tips if you are to get the best home insurance quote. Here are some handy tips: 1.) Clean gutters and downspouts Leaves and tree debris get caught up in our gutters and build up throughout the year. When it rains or snows there’s nowhere for the excess water to go, therefore it has no option but build up and possibly seep through [...]

Tips for Getting Your Home Winter Ready2020-05-17T12:13:16+00:00
27 06, 2019

Do I have to tell my insurer I work from home


Do I have to tell my insurer I work from home Yes, you may not need additional cover but it is vital that you check with your current home insurance provider if you are working or running your own business from home.  If something was to happen and you needed to make a claim it is important that your insurance company is aware as running your business from home can invalidate standard home insurance policies. This is why you need the correct work from home insurance cover. As a specialist business insurance provider since 1976 we can provide you with the best cover and rates available. We have a dedicated new business team and you can call us today on 08000853761 The following are the main classifications of working from home: Clerical Business Use – this is to cover you for working from home and use of office equipment [...]

Do I have to tell my insurer I work from home2020-05-17T14:44:06+00:00
26 06, 2019

Air BnB Insurance


Air BnB Insurance Being a residential property owner, you will have no doubt heard of the huge potential and interest of landlords, in renting their property out as an Air B&B. Due to the demand of consumers, Property Insurance Centre are now insuring Air B&B properties all over the UK. Cover will include all standard perils including storm, flood, accidental damage & more. Property Owners Liability can also be included up to £5,000,000 in case you require more than the standard £2,000,000. This is an essential cover as the risks involved with Liability Claims for Air B & B Properties unfortunately does not reduce. If you are letting property as an Air B & B you should make sure there are no potential hazards in the property that may result injury to one of your short term tenants. It is essential you thoroughly do your research on how to [...]

Air BnB Insurance2020-05-18T15:20:47+00:00
25 06, 2019

Looking to Rent for the First time in London


Looking to Rent for the First time in London If you are looking forward to moving to London for the first time can be exciting and challenging!  Therefore, we have the following tips when it comes to looking for your first flat/apartment in London. Find out what you are looking for and what part of London you are looking to move to. For example, South London will give you newer buildings and a bit more space for your money. Carry out plenty of research in terms of what facilities are close by, how long your train journey will take to work and what local restaurants, shops are nearby. When you are looking at the rental prices make sure you check what the additional costs are such as management fees, council tax, water rates, what type of heating the apartment is used (gas, electric or oil). If you know anyone [...]

Looking to Rent for the First time in London2020-06-05T10:27:44+00:00
Load More Posts