Holiday Home &

Second Home Insurance

Or call us FREE for a quote

0800 085 3761

Why choose us?

At Property Insurance Centre we understand the needs of Holiday Home Owners & Second Home Owners and understand that every proprty owner has different requirements. We can work with our insurers and tailor a bespoke policy to suit your exact needs.

Whether you want to apply for quotes online or speak to one of our experienced team, we aim to give you the best Business Insurance cover at the right price.

As a specialist insurance broker, we strive to give our clients the best service with:

  • Independent broker with approachable staff online or by phone

  • Access to a wide range of insurers to source suitable insurance cover for your needs

  • Bespoke Insurance Schemes & Portfolio Policies available

  • We can tailor your policy to suit your exact needs to give you complete peace of mind

  • Competitive Premiums

  • Cover available for the buildings while the property is being converted, renovated or extended

  • Over 40 years experience working with the best insurers in the UK

  • Excellent communication so that you understand what risks you are insured against

  • All Businesses welcome

What does Holiday Home or Second Home Insurance cover?

Cover under a Holiday Home Insurance policy will be similar to that of a typical home insurance policy with some notable differences. It is important to understand what a Holiday Home Insurance Policy is. Our Holiday Home Insurance policies will provide cover for both Holiday Home (Lets) & Second Homes.

Holiday Home (Lets) – A home which is let out to tenants on a short terms basis (for example short holidays & weekends)

Second Homes – A home which is used by you as a weekend retreat or somewhere you go over the Summer for example. If you are letting your property out on a 6 month AST then you will require a Landlords Policy or Residential Property Owners Policy.

Our policies are Flexible and you can have the option to insured the contents only or buildings only, or both. There is normally the option to include Full Extended Accidental Damage to the buildings.

Cover will normally include the following:

Fire, Lightning & Explosion


Aircraft & other flying devices



Weight of snow

Escape of water & frost damage to fixed water tanks, apparatus or pipes

Escape of oil from fixed domestic oil-fire heating installations

Smoke damage caused by a fault in fixed domestic heating installations

Theft or attempted Theft

Collision by vehicle or animal

Riots, Strikes, Violent disorder, civil commotion and malicious damage

Subsidence, Heave or Landslip

Falling Trees, poles or lamp-posts

Property Owners Liability up to £5,000,000

Accidental Damage to fixed glass, solar panels, sanitary ware & ceramic hobs

Accidental Damage to oil pipes, underground water and gas supply pipes, sewers, drains & cables

Loss of Rent due to you up to 20% of the sum insured for buildings

Alternative Accommodation

Architects & Surveyors Fees, debris removal

Anyone buying your property until the sale is completed

Trace & Access up to £2,500

Damage to lawns and gardens up to £1,000 from result of emergency services attending the premises

Damage to buildings up to £1,000 from result of emergency services attending the premises

Costs you have to pay for replacing refilling fire extinguishers and/or fire blankets

Optional Cover:

Full accidental Damage to buildings

We have over 45 years experience working with:

Who Needs Holiday Home or Second Home Insurance?

Holiday Home Insurance is for Property Owners who either let their premises out to families or persons on holiday or use the home themselves to holiday in at the weekend or other extended breaks. Holiday Homes are often used to cover both buildings and contents but can also cover the buildings or contents only. A

Cover can be extended to include Full Accidental Damage in addition to standard perils such as Escape of Water Insurance. We can also include Public Liability up to £5,000,000.

Call us on 0800 085 3761 to get a range of Holiday Home Insurance Quotes.

Are you looking for Holiday Home Insurance?

Call to discuss your requirements, get quotes or go on cover


Request a callback

Related Insurance Policies