What Cover Does Empty Commercial Property Insurance Provide?
Insurers deem unoccupied properties to be a higher risk than a regular property and should have a specialised policy to reflect that. Unoccupied Commercial Buildings are more likely to attract unwanted visitors whether this be because it is an easy target to vandalise without getting caught or even because they are curious and unaware of the danger that they can pose. If properties are not checked thoroughly enough small damages could be missed and left to get worse and if there was a fire or flash flood it can take longer for someone to notice and alert the authorities.
No two properties are the same or are left unattended for the same reasons. Therefore we offer varying levels of cover to suit our individual clients needs. Typically, cover can be arranged for:
- Protection against vandalism including graffiti
- Cover for damage caused by flooding, fire or subsidence
- Contents cover up to £20,000
- Theft from secured garages and outbuildings up to £500
- Property owners liability, if your conservatory roof blows off and damages your neighbours property for example